Saturday, April 4, 2009

Back to Normal

Back to normal for a few days anyway.

So, I can't say that there is anything new with me. Ryan and I celebrated our 5th anniversary, that was pretty cool. We walked to dinner in our neighborhood, there are quite a few restaurants that are in walking distance for us, so that was nice.

He was very sweet and sent me flowers to my office. See:


That was very nice.

I got a manicure and a pedicure - but I didn't pay for it myself :) My lovely boss gave me a gift certificate as a birthday gift. OOOOHHH! The other part of her gift was a cute little bag and a sewing book! And, OH MY WORD! There are the CUTEST things to sew in it, and it came with a bunch of patterns and WOW oh WOW is it my new favorite book? I think so! Here are some pictures from the book (courtesy of John Gruen):






My sewing class is going really well. I actually have to work on a report, and my final project, which are due so very soon.

I mentioned that I was going to talk about summer plans ...

I am taking a swimming class at school. I will say that classes at the community college have been the BEST way to not spend, but stay occupied with some really great, productive things! So, yes a swimming class in the summer. We have two camping trips semi-planned, which is always a really fun, relaxed, inexpensive way to get away with great friends.

Hmm... what else.

My brother-in-law has deployed again, some of you know he is a Marine. His (I always butcher this...) batallion's (I think that's what it's called) families are doing a walk to support the guys, so I am participating in that, and it's free. It boils down to logging how many miles you walk each month from now until September something or other, and those miles are counted in support of your family member (my brother-in-law). So far, I have walked three miles. Ha! That sounds really funny. But it just started on the 1st. So we will see how many (FREE!) miles I can walk from now until September. I will keep you posted.

Okay, long post, so ta ta for now :)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment