Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Confession

I have a confession to make.

I have been buying myself lunch for a while now. I am saying this not because I want you all to look down upon me ... but because I need to stop it. So today I brought a whole bag of food from my pantry. This food should sustain my lunches at least the rest of this week.

In other news, I have a million and a half things to talk about.

1. New book to read. My good friend, Mountain Man loaned me a book from the library. On this subject I have two things to mention. A. I am very excited to read this book. I just need to find the time. I am planning to read it on the plane to Dallas, so I need Mountain Man to renew it for me. (Mountain Man? Would you be so kind?) B. Secondly, for those of you that don't know ... PLEASE DON'T LOAN ME THINGS! I get all anxious about it and I am terrible at it. For some reason, every time I mention this to somebody they take it as an invitation to loan me their whole life! (Dear friends, I mean that with the utmost care and respect. If you like your stuff, I implore you to not loan it to me!!!) I lose things very often that are loaned to me. It's terrible, I know. I am just not good at it. It probably traces back to the time my best friend in 7th grade borrowed my favorite sweater, wore it, washed it, then hung it to dry on a wooden stained chair. Oh no, wait. That was me. Yeah, not so good with the borrowing.

Having said that, Mountain Man, thanks so much for lending me your library book! I promise I won't hang it to dry on a wooden chair.

Oh I almost forgot to mention the book. It's called Not Buying It: My Year Without Spending. Who knew this was such a "thing" to do? I have met a few people who have done the same thing, that's fascinating to me.

2. Yeah, on Monday I was evacuated from school because someone called in a bomb threat. Weirdos. I got all kinds of shook up by it too. Not because I was afraid of a bomb, but because the Dean walked in and said, "You guys need to pack your things and leave immediately. The whole school is being evacuated."

Um... hello! WHY, can you tell me WHY we are being evacuated? I had thoughts of Columbine, or some crazy stabber person. So my adrenaline starts pumping and I was all shaky. YUCK.

There was no bomb. It was fake. Missed sewing for no good reason at all. Thanks a lot.

3. LOST is on tonight, WOO! Good friends, good BBQ, good TV, good Xbox-ing. Love my life. Seriously.

Okay, I have taken up enough of your time for one day.

-S-

No comments:

Post a Comment