Friday, January 2, 2009

O'Nine Is Here. So Is The First Grocery Shopping Trip.

HAHA I am watching one of my favorite TV shows (okay, shoot me, I love TV) The Big Bang Theory. It's really funny, but my "real life" friends can attest to the fact that I laugh at anything and everything (well, almost).

Anywho, 2009 is definitely here and so far so good. I haven't spent a dime, I mean I haven't left the house, but that's beside the point. I will also mention that's kind of my fear. Ryan and I are true home bodies as it is, I just hope this doesn't add to a probable misconception that we don't like to hang with people. Don't worry you can come for dinner :)

I am however hungry. And have needed to go grocery shopping for a week ... oops! So today I will talk a bit about some of my already known ways to save on groceries, and also things I intend to learn more about.

First, a couple of websites:

The Grocery Game I tried this website for about two, maybe three months. The quick start version: The site tells you what is on sale from the grocery store you say you would like to receive the list from (that was a horrid sentence, sorry). It then tells you how to maximize your coupons. So if something is on sale and you have a coupon and it's not on the list, it's probably because it is expected to go further on sale and you should use your coupon then. Does that make sense?

My Grocery Deals I really like this one because it is free, and gives you a list of all sale items (I think ALL of them anyway) and all the stores in your area. But you have to do the coupon part yourself.

The good news: YOU CAN DO THE COUPON PART YOURSELF! The bad news: It takes a bit of footwork. The other good news: Some really well versed couponer's and such are able to save like 60% on their grocery bills.

So it pays off. The first step to maximizing your coupons is to do a price book. Which I haven't done yet, but think I will start today.

Other things I will talk on soon: Price Book details, Walgreens Game and I have a new item that I want to share for enveloping.


My definitions:
Couponer: Someone who cuts coupons to save on their grocery bills
Enveloping: The process of using a cash based spending habit; Cash is kept in envelope "accounts" to keep one on budget. When it's gone it's gone!

PIZ-EACE OUT

-S-

No comments:

Post a Comment